FAAPI First-time Speaker ScholarshipFinalizado20 junio 2016
Compartir por email
Presenting is so enriching that APIBA would like all teachers to experience it. We are granting a scholarship for a first-time presenter at next September’s FAAPI Conference in San Juan.
Do you have an idea worth sharing? Have you tried out something that worked well? Have you done action research? Do you have a contribution to make? FAAPI Conferences are THE place to share with colleagues from all over the country in the friendliest environment you can imagine, where everyone enjoys three days of fruitful learning and heartfelt networking. You can’t miss it!
APIBA First-time Speaker Scholarship: FAAPI 2016 Conference
APIBA awards this scholarship to encourage teachers who are first-time Conference speakers to participate in a FAAPI Annual Conference.
APIBA will grant one scholarship for the FAAPI 2016 Conference, which covers the registration fee and AR$3000 to contribute to the travel expenses of a conference speaker. APIBA Members can be awarded the scholarship only once.
- to be a first-time speaker at a Conference in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- to have at least three years’ experience in the English teaching profession
- to be a fully paid-up Member of APIBA, with at least one year as a member
- to submit your already-approved FAAPI 2016 proposal together with an application by 1 July 2016. To be considered for the scholarship, please send the following in electronic format to[email protected] by 1 July 2016 (Subject: ‘Your Name – APIBA First-time Speaker Scholarship’):
- your completed speaker proposal and registration form (including biodata, presentation abstract and summary), available from the FAAPI 2016 Conference website
- FAAPI’s acceptance of your proposal
- your CV (please include teaching experience and academic presentations, if applicable)
- a passport-size digital photograph
- a brief explanation of why you are applying and why you think you should be granted the scholarship
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee by 15 July 2016. The winner will be notified by APIBA and he/she will then be required:
At the Conference:
- to attend all plenaries and the concurrent sessions of his/ her interest.
- to send live comments to be posted on APIBA´s Facebook and Twitter in real time so that teachers not attending FAAPI know what is going on.
After the Conference:
- to send a 250-word report illustrated with some photos, on the experience at the Conference for publication in the APIBA Newsletter and Blog. Deadline: 15 October 2016
- to send a summary of the sessions s/he attended and his/her personal reflections. Deadline: 15 October 2016
- to deliver his/her presentation in Buenos Aires in an APIBA-hosted on-site event or webinar.
Applications / More information: [email protected] (Subject: «APIBA First Time Speaker Scholarship»)