Grants — Trainers’ Training
Compartir por email
Objectives of the programme:
With this program, Fundación Lúminis seeks to contribute to the improvement of educational quality and equity in Argentina, through better and more updated training of teachers� trainers and through stimulating their professional development within the university field.
Our objective is to support teachers� trainers in their continuous training.
The program is oriented towards the completion of postgraduate courses in Education, certified by CONEAU (The Argentine National Commission for Evaluating University Programs), which are taught in Argentine universities with high standards. Postgraduate courses that candidates apply should be full-time, part-time or distance attendance, must have a minimum term of one year, must start before the month of July; and degrees should have the status of Master�s Degree or Specialization or Diploma.
The Teachers� Training Program does not award PhD grants for neither the completion of courses of studies outside the Argentine Republic or in foreign universities.
The Program is established on the following lines of action:
- Awarding of grants for the completion of postgraduate studies: it consists of financial help which can cover the course fees partially or totally.
- Supporting the professional development of grant holders, through the facilitation of study material and their participation in conferences, publications, selection processes for teachers and other activities of relevance and interest.
- The participation of grant holders in activities within our organization, so that they become integrated in other programs developed in it.
On the other hand, the Program offers its grant holders multiple academic activities related to their teaching professional development, such as Working Breakfasts � academic discussion meetings about current educational agenda issues -, grant holders� exchange meetings and the virtual space �Blog Becarios� in our website.
In order to accompany grant holders all along their postgraduate studies, the Program also arranges Tutoring periodical meetings with them. Virtual meetings are held for those who live in the interior of the country (or cannot attend the meetings regularly).
The Program in figures:
The Program has already awarded grants nonstop to more than 100 professionals since 2000, who have completed their studies in the following universities: Escuela de Educación de la Universidad de
San Andrés, Facultad de Filosofía y Letras de la Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Universidad Nacional del Comahue,
Universidad Nacional del Centro, Universidad de Luján, Universidad de Tres de Febrero and Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales.
Calls to enter the Program are made about the end of each calendar year. These are for postgraduate courses which start the following academic year.
If you wish to be automatically informed about such calls, you can sign up as a Fundación Lúminis website user.
- To be an Argentine citizen and resident,
- To be under 45 years of age when applying,
- To be graduated from a four-year duration Licenciatura or Teachers� Training Course,
- To have gotten a general average of the same as or superior to 7 (or its equivalent) during their graduate studies,
- Professional or teaching experience,
- To be involved in teacher training through research, the coordination of teacher training-oriented projects or programs, the administration or management of educational institutions and teaching,
- To commit to keep to the teacher training submitted in the application form,
- To prove that financial help is needed.
- To be linked to teachers� training,
- Performance in educational institutions,
- Professional career,
- Academic merit and
- The need to get financial help.
Rules of the Teachers Training Program
A thorough reading of the Program�s Rules is recommended before applying for a grant during the opening of each Call in order to be fully aware of the commitments assumed when entering
the Program and the features of the relationship between the grant holders and Fundación Lúminis.