APIBA First-time Speaker Scholarship: FAAPI 2013 ConferenceFinalizado16 agosto 2013
Compartir por email
APIBA has awarded this scholarship for many years now in order to encourage teachers who are first-time Conference speakers to participate in a FAAPI Annual Conference.
APIBA will grant one scholarship for the FAAPI 2013 Conference (on site or virtual platform), which covers the registration fee for a conference speaker (and return bus ticket if the candidate lives more than 200 kms away from the City of Buenos Aires). The winner will be waived future APIBA Membership dues for the equivalent amount of the Conference registration fee s/he has paid. The cost of the return ticket will be reimbursed at the Conference. APIBA Members can be awarded the scholarship only once.
- to be a fully paid-up Member of APIBA, with at least one year as a Member
- to be a first-time speaker at a Conference in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- to have between three and ten years’ experience in the English teaching profession
- to have presented a proposal through the FAAPI 2013 Conference Call for Papers (on site or online).
- to submit an application by 21 August 2013.
To be considered for the scholarship, please send the following in electronic format to [email protected] by 21 August 2013 (Subject: ‘Your Name – APIBA First-time Speaker Scholarship’)
- your CV (please include teaching experience and academic presentations, if applicable)
- a passport size-type digital photograph
- a brief explanation of why you are applying and why you think you should be granted the scholarship
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee by 31 August 2013.
The winner will be notified by APIBA and he/she will then be required:
After the Conference (by 15 October 2013)
- to send a 250-word report, if possible, illustrated with some photos, on the experience at the Conference for publication in the APIBA Newsletter and web site.
- to deliver his/her presentation (on site event or webinar) on a date to be agreed upon (early 2014) including a summary of the sessions s/he attended and his/her personal reflections.
Applications / More information:
[email protected] (Subject: ‘APIBA First-Time Speaker Scholarship’)